PAGE UPDATED DAILY
Scroll down for the latest news, concerts, venues, reviews and tickets
I have removed some photos but if you click on any image it will take you to a page with more
* LATEST *
**More Rosenkavalier photos with a review in Czech**
(thank you anonymus!)
**and one more review**
( thank you the lucky fan who lives in Vienna! )
**A treat, courtesy of Kate!**
Photos of the Dresden Der Rosenkavalier curtain call
It is heart-warming when fans share their experiences – thank you!
*News from Filippo*
In Sunday’s performance Anna Prohaska sang Sophie instead of Daniela Fally.
It was her debut at Dresden. More information on her Facebook page.
Many thanks to regular reader Anonymous for the link to this photo!
An Octavian who keeps his socks on!!
photocredit: Klaus Gigga
**Review of Der Rosenkavalier (in German, no photos)**
There is now a photo book to celebrate the award of Österreichische Kammersängerin
The book documents all Garanca’s roles at the Vienna State Opera since her debut in 2003.
Available here for 15 euro
Garanca was awarded the title of Österreichische Kammersängerin
24 May in the tea room of the Vienna State Opera
Report Another report with more photos
photocredit:DIETER NAGL/AFP/Getty Images
CARMEN WIENER STAATSOPER MAY/JUNE 2013
Photos of the May 30 performance on Alagna’s fb
More video clips of Carmen from a different perspective
Many excerpts from Carmen in Vienna now on YouTube here
Excellent Carmen article with photos
Video and backstage interview, Carmen first night
Lovely video of rehearsal! Comment from derstandard.at
photocredit: Michael Pohn
Review from diepresse.com Review from tt.com
Review (in German)and another
Screenshot from video
4 photos by Alexander Haiden
*Article ahead of the Krumlov concert (in Czech)*
Werther, Wiener Staatsoper April 2013
photocredit: Michael Poehn / Wiener Staatsoper
“I’ve still got time, I’m only 63 (laughing). German is really hard, I mean 36″
image via nachtrichten.at
An interview (in German) ahead of 4 July concert in Linz
A documentary film, in Latvian with English subtitles,
showing Garanca in the early stages of her career
Many thanks to Überfan Kate for posting this to share
DO NOT MISS THIS!
* LATEST VIDEOS *
I do not include videos which are YouTube duplicates
- A Latvian song ”Close your eyes and smile”, Carnegie Hall, April 6, 2013.
Robert Schumann: Frauenliebe und leben, the first two songs: “Seit ich ihn gesehn”, “Er, er Herrlichste von allen” with Kevin Murphy, piano, Carnegie Hall, April 6, 2013.
- Richard Strauss “Aberseelen“, Elina Garanca with Kevin Murphy, piano, New York, Carnegie Hall.
- The trailer of the Wiener Staatsoper La Clemenza di Tito
Elina Garanča in Prague (Sept 25 2012) at the Municipal House /Obecní dům
Werther complete - Wiener Staatsoper ( Marcelo Álvarez, Elīna Garanča, Adrian Eröd, Ileana Tonca; Philippe Jordan, 25.02.2005) commercially available here
Mozart - LA CLEMENZA DI TITO Paris, Palais Garnier September 11, 2006
Audio of this production is now on YouTube
photocredit: Kasskara Deutsche Grammophon
Tito : Christoph Prégardien Vitellia : Anna Caterina Antonacci Sesto : Elina Garanca Servilia : Ekaterina Siurina Annio : Hannah Esther Minutillo Publio : Roland Bracht Choeur et Orchestre de l’Opéra National de Paris Conductor : Gustav Kuhn
Since September 30th 2011, when I posted this little video competition for opera fans to test out their skill, a strange thing has been happening on my blog. Usually when you post something of interest there is an initial flurry of visitors and then things go quiet. Occasionally you will then get someone returning for another look plus the traveller who has Googled a phrase and ended up, sometimes by mistake, clicking on your blog post. But hundreds of people landing on a video quiz and not playing the video had me really puzzled. The phrase which kept occuring in searches was Garanča+baby ( or similar words ) So what on earth has a quiz about mezzo soprano voices singing fron Der Rosenkavalier to do with Garanča’s baby? Well, I looked carefully again and in the comments was included “Elina Garanča (Congratulations for the baby girl born yesterday)” from a well informed reader from France. So it appears that there is so little information about Elina Garanča and her baby out there that poor Google searchers are ending up with a tiny snippet which does not assist their search. So. This is what I have managed to find about the subject ( not that much! ) and I hope the Garanča fans will be a little happier …
Last May it was announced that Elina Garanča and her husband, conductor Karel Mark Chichon, were to have their first baby. The child, a daughter, was born on September 30th in southern Spain which for some time has been the adopted home of the native Latvian. The name chosen for the baby was Catherine Louise. “I’ve always been reticent about my family,” the celebrated mezzo-soprano revealed to the newspaper AUSTRIA. ”And now I’m even more so.” This would explain why there are apparently no photographs of the family being made public. Garanča is reportedly taking several month’s break but details of her return to performance have been released.
source of both photos: Arte Lounge TV programme 2010
This information is provisional. In Garanca’s own words …
“Because the financial situation of the world is still very unstable.
Many theater productions are modified and transferred because there is a lack of funding”
- July 12 and 14 - a Gala Concert with Jonas Kaufmann – Festspielhaus Baden-Baden details and tickets
- Friday 19 July – International Music Festival, Krumlov, CZ. Information
- August 15/17/18 - Salzburg Festival. Verdi Requiem with Muti and Vienna Philharmonic. Details
NEW SEASON 2013/14
- November 22/25/30. December 13? – TBC – Der Rosenkavalier at The Met. Garanca will share the role with Daniela Sindram. information
- December 16/19/22 (mat) + January 3/6/9 - Francesca Zambello’s Carmen with Alagna and Veronica Cangemi as Micaëla at ROH London. Full 2013/14 season here courtesy of Intermezzo. Booking details
- Tuesday February 8 2014 - Werther—New Production Gala at The Met information
- February 18/22/25/28. + March 3/7/11/15 2014 Werther with Kaufmann at The Met. At the moment Garanca is scheduled for all performances. information /tickets
- March 15 MET Opera live in HD – Werther with Kaufmann – tickets
- 6 May 2014 – Amsterdam Concertgebouw Great Hall. Songs by Schumann, Richard Strauss, etc. link
- 11 May 2014 at 20.00 Berlin – same as above? link
- May 23/26/29 + June 1. – Berlioz Damnation of Faust ( Marguerite ) Deutsche Oper Berlin. Details
- June 11/13/15/18 - I Capuleti e i Montecchi (Romeo) at Bayerische Staatsoper information
If you need a translator there’s one in the side bar –>
Garanča official site
It is rumoured that Garanča will reprise Carmen at The Met with Alagna